If you just come to Chaos to play, have fun, make friends and talk about interesting things, then you don't need to spend time reading this. These rules are mainly for those who can't play nice with others or wish to play with an unfair advantage. If you choose to venture into the gray areas of the rules, don't be surprised when consequences are applied. If you have crossed the line before, don't be surprised when consequences are more quickly applied to you.
A1: Detrimental Behavior - Incidents in Chaos are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are not limited to these explicit rules. Behavior deemed detrimental to the zone by the staff will be dealt with accordingly.
1: Cheating - This is a Zero Tolerance Zone. Minimum ban is one year. If you see a cheater, use ?cheater (cheatername) (what they are doing). DO NOT say they are cheating in pub. This alerts cheaters often allowing them escape.
2: Impersonating zone staff - Usually warned first.
3: Excessively obscene or racists nicks or squadnames - Usually results in a warning and/or a nick-only ban. Repeat offenders, or refusal to change a nick or squad name may be zone banned.
4: Bug abuse - From time to time bugs are discovered and must be moderated.
5: Use of multiple clients - Basic rule is one person, one client. Using two or more machines, instances of Continuum, or any method of having multiple presences in the zone, especially to gain an unfair advantage (e.g. by speccing your opponent), will result in one or more clients/machines getting banned.
These offenses may result in a warning, temporary kick, silencing, speclock (length determined on past infractions).
1. Racial/discriminatory remarks.
2. Public spamming - especially offensive or chronic spamming. This includes abusing ?cheater or ?help.
3. Excessive gratuitous profanity is not allowed. Cursing someone out for being a lamer and most exchanges of insults is fine. Just don't get too carried away.
4. "Extreme suiciding" is detrimental. If a pilot dies a few times in a row carelessly, that's ok. If the pilot neg rockets turrets/bty and tries to kill them, it's ok. If the pilot is not greening, running their energy down, diving into mines/bombs while red...the intent is clear. You will not be banned but a speclock may be imposed.
5. Public allegations of staff abuse. Chaos is a place where new players can come and have confidence that they can compete on a level playing field. That confidence can be undermined or destroyed by public comments about the staff cheating or abusing powers -- even as a joke (the new players don't realize it's a joke) -- so it is not allowed in Chaos. Violations of this rule usually result first in a warning, then subsequent violations will get increasingly lengthy shutup bans.
Please note that the upper staff is intensely interested in any actual staff abuse of powers or harrassment of players. Nothing can kill a zone faster than the staff using powers to cheat, or if they harrass players. Please help keep the zone healthy by talking to the upper staff in zone, or use ?message to communicate about any suspected transgressions.
Reset Winner Competition:
Unfair influence on the Reset Winners. For example, intentional deaths of any sort, including gifting, suiciding, etc. will not be tolerated. Violations usually result in the players involved (and/or their squads) being excluded from the Reset Winners standings and/or getting a Score Reset -- no warning will be given. However, these violations will be handled on a case by case basis.
The Reset Winners competition has been a core component of Chaos since the beginning and is important to many of our players. It is essential that those players recognized in the standings achieve their records in a fair manner.
Last Updated ( 2011.03.31 )